20 abril 2008

The March to Work

One of the things that impressed me the most during my first days in Tokyo, was the number of people going to work at the same time at Shinagawa station.
Shinagawa station is located in the south of Tokyo and is a conglomerate of office buildings, including the one I work at.
Every day around 9AM, a legion of Tokyoites march in the same direction, all of them with one single objective in mind: work.
It is impossible to remain neutral to this amazing urban phenomenon, that is now part of my daily life.
On top of that, when you arrive to the office you are received by the most polite security guards on Earth, that are constantly saying "Good Morning" (Ohayou Gozaimasu), to every single individual that walks into the building.

To share this unique experience with you, I have worked on the video below. It lasts a bit more than 3 minutes, but I hope you will find it interesting.

Poor Shooting and Poor Editing: myself
Soundtrack: Herbie Hancock - The Chameleon Man

Um comentário:

Anônimo disse...

Oh, I just love it!
Dani, making his way as a film director....very good.
By the way, please see 'Be Kind, Rewind'do Gondry.
Você vai amar, é a 'nossa cara'!
Vi ontem e lembrei de você.
Continue fazendo da minha vida sempre um pouco mais interessante.
c.blue